1. Helping Newcomers Work: A website designed to provide support for Canadians helping refugees find the best work possible. Highly recommended! https://helpingnewcomerswork.ca/
2. Jumpstart - Refugee Talent: A Canadian non-profit focused on streamlining the process of the arrival of refugees and their employment. They have various programs focused on helping newcomers find employment.
3. Skills for Change: An organization that supports newcomers with career and language training, workshops, and employment focused skills development programs.https://skillsforchange.org/
•Their Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub focuses on the entrepreneurial spirit of newcomers and assists in breaking down barriers by helping them to successfully establish a business and/or obtain employment.
4. Futurpreneur Canada: A non-profit that provides financing, mentoring and support tools to eligible aspiring business owners (ages 18-39).
5. Access Employment provides free job search services through locations in the GTA, with a focus on job seekers who face barriers to employment. They offer various programs including a paid pre-employment program for youth (15-18 and 19-29) through their Youth Job Connect Program.
6. Building Up creates a real pathway for individuals experiencing barriers to enter apprenticeships and careers in the trades/construction, including a 16 week paid training program.
7. JVS: Newcomer Services. Since 1947, JVS Toronto has empowered people to maximize their potential at work and school by providing career, employment, and educational and vocational assessment services. They offer special programs for newcomers including: Pre-Employment Preparation, Bridge Training Programs and Job Search Support and Youth Programs.