AURA offers Settlement Training Sessions for anyone actively involved in refugee sponsorship. Each member of an AURA sponsor group must attend a Settlement Training Session before the refugees they are sponsoring arrive in Canada.
Each session will cover:
· Review of PSR programs and process
· Refugee sponsorship goals and responsibilities
· Health, Documentation, Education, Housing, Finances and more…
· Expectations, Privacy, Communication
· Tips, Resources and a copy of the AURA Handbook for Refugee Sponsorship
· Time for questions/ discussion
AURA staff are available to meet with your sponsor group all together and provide a Settlement Training Session at a time and location that is convenient for you. We can also host your group at our office. To schedule a session please call AURA at 416-588-1612 x 0.
We schedule open training sessions every few months, and any active or interested sponsors are welcome.
Upcoming Settlement Training Sessions at AURA:
Since the pandemic started, AURA is offering these sessions via Zoom. We will be pleased to offer this option where appropriate going forward.