1. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Video Series: Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System: Note: transcripts are available.
2. Canada Child Benefit (CCB) : Overview and how to apply. The CCB is a tax-free monthly payment for eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age.
3. CRA: Child and family benefits calculator:
4. CRA Video: New to Canada? Learn about taxes:
5. Free Income Tax Clinics:
Volunteer-run tax clinics operate yearly, hosted by community organization. Many have multilingual volunteers.
6. CRA: Form to authorize a representative:
This form is used to authorize someone to speak to CRA on your behalf.
7. Financial Literacy Programs:
Online materials that can help students and adults increase their fundamental knowledge and skills.
8. Financial Services Commission of Ontario:
An organization mandated to regulate the insurance sector; pension plans; loans and trust companies; credit unions etc. The commission is a great resource for individuals seeking information or assistance in these areas. http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/